SO, back in April, we decided it was time to make more soap! I hired a babysitter this time since I wanted the chance to make LOTS, and we got to work.
Oliver wanted to help while he waited for his babysitter so we gave him the non-soapmaking gloves so he could "work".
Then we got the oils, and the scale, and water, and the bowls, and the pots and the essential oils, and the molds together...
...and mixed and smelled, and talked, and laughed, and documented, and experimented...
|pouring into the molds. I line each with waxed paper so the soap don't stick. Lala hates this part so I always do the lining:)|
|mixing until trace (kind of like making whipped cream) and you can see more oils melting in the other pot|
...and wrapped up our baby soaps in their lovely pile of blankets to set...
|cold process soap sits in its molds wrapped up like this to "incubate" overnight|
...and then cut, and cut, and cut, until we had piles and piles of soap!
|"Rose in Bloom" soap with added almond oil this time|
|From left to right: Mohito soap, Lavender, lemongrass and ginger, and rose all ready to cure for 30 days|
All in all, over two days we made about 25 different soaps. Hooray!!!
and now, today, I've finally started listing my concoctions on etsy to make them available to the world!